The tobacco industry
uses MLT laser perforation systems for the offline and online perforation of cigarette filter tip paper. This allows cigarettes with reduced tar and nicotine values to be produced, which in the past were referred to as "light" cigarettes. The laser perforation allows the applicable statutory limits for modern cigarettes to be reliably observed.
We offer laser system solutions for perforating single bobbins
and multiple bobbins
These allow typical hole speeds between 40,000 holes per second
and 1,000,000 holes per second
to be achieved. With a single layer, annual volumes of up to approx. 800 tonnes in 3-shift operation can be processed.
We also offer customer-specific laser modules for online perforation
in cigarette manufacturing.
Advantages of MLT laser perforation for the tobacco industry:
- Wide range of laser perforation system solutions corresponding to your productivity requirements.
- Ventilation of 50 to over 400 Coresta units (CU) is possible.
- High-precision circular perforations, without hole elongation.
- Flexible processing of up to 32 perforation tracks on multiple bobbins in one pass.
- Patented MLT technologies: maximum productivity due to very fast product changes without laser performance losses.
Further details on the individual laser perforation solutions can also be found here (Products/Laser Perforation), and we will also be pleased to answer your questions in person.