MLT laser perforation systems are contactless and produce holes or blind holes in various materials, such as paper or foil. The position, diameter and pitch of the holes are exactly maintained.
In order to ensure this precision and high quality of perforated materials, we have developed optical beam guidance systems for use with special laser sources.
For most applications, perforation diameters in the range from 40 µm to 800 µm are produced. Perforation speeds of up to 750 m/min and quantities of more than 1,000,000 perforations per second can be achieved on web material.
Advantages of the MLT perforation system:
- Perforation, flexible scoring or cutting on different kinds of paper, cardboard, non-laminated and laminated foils: The widest range of applications imaginable is possible here – singly, or as combined systems.
- We offer system solutions for all typical web widths.
- The systems are matched individually to our customer requirements.
- Optimal design of laser components to match the specific requirements of each industry, and use of MLT patented technologies.
- MLT develop complete concepts and solutions. One stop for everything, from application development to a complete turnkey installation.
MLS-G Series for processing packaging foils in the food and non-food sectors.
Fresh foodstuffs such as fruit and vegetables often have a long journey behind them before they reach the customer. Ensuring quality depends on the right packaging.
The same applies to medical and chemical product packaging. The following methods and products are used in the packaging industry
for packaging foils:
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP),
- Easy Ventilation, and
- Breathable Film
The aim is to establish an equilibrium in the packing between the CO2 and O2 gas exchange so that fresh products remain fresh for longer.
The main areas of use of the MLS-G series are:
- scoring with any contours desired on the top film of thermoforming machines and tray sealers,
- or use as bag foils.
MLP Series for the tobacco industry
The tobacco industry
uses MLT laser perforation systems for the offline and online perforation of cigarette filter tip paper. These are designed to enable cigarettes to be produced with reduced tar and nicotine values. The laser perforation ensures that the applicable limits for modern cigarettes are observed.
For perforating single bobbins and smaller quantities, up to 40,000 perforations per second.
For perforating single bobbins
for an annual volume of up to approximately 200 tonnes at 40,000 perforations per second.Produktinfos
For perforating multiple bobbins
for an annual volume of up to approximately 500 tonnes at 250,000 perforations per second.Produktinfos
For perforating multiple bobbins
for an annual volume of up to approximately 800 tonnes at 1,000,000 perforations per second.Produktinfos
Laser online perforation. For online perforation in cigarette manufacture we offer customer-specific laser modules - both as initial equipment and retrofitting.
For the tipping paper onlineperforation our modules can be retrofitted into multiple cigarette makers. Processing speeds of 300 to 20,000 cigarettes per minute are typically usable. The laser power is individual adjustable by the operator to setup the desired ventilation values (coresta units).
MLP-M Module for cigarette online perforation